One Day Island Life Tour
Our Island Life tour is our signature Kangaroo Island tour which combines a range of wildlife encounters, some north and south coast landscapes, and an elegant barbecue at a private camp in the bush.
Welcome to Island life – where things take time, drivers wave as they go by – or even stop for a chat.
Have a cuppa with some home-made treats before taking a walk down a country track through tall Eucalyptus trees where koalas snooze overhead or wake briefly for a feed. Listen for the sounds of the bush – brightly coloured honeyeaters and brilliant parrots, cicadas or perhaps just the sound of silence.
Travel through the Island’s most productive country to the north coast. Walk through the bush with your guide – through strangely shaped trees learning what makes that noise, whose tracks are those, and who left THAT little pile there? Look for small wallabies almost extinct on the mainland, a kangaroo found only on Kangaroo Island and a variety of other birds, plants and animals.
Break for lunch at a private bush camp and enjoy a delicious meal featuring King George whiting (local sea fish), fresh salads and fine South Australian wines.
At Seal Bay Conservation Park take a private tour with your guide among Australian sea-lions on a beautiful sandy beach – an experience similar to that of the Galapagos. Watch pups nursing or playing in the surf, see old bulls bearing the scars of territorial disputes and learn about their unique breeding biology.
- Seek out koalas and birdlife in the Cygnet Valley
- Stop for a tea or coffee, served with a home-baked Australian biscuit
- Visit the stunning Stokes Bay region, exploring a beautiful beach as well as looking out for kangaroos, wallabies and more Koalas
- Break for an elegant seafood BBQ lunch in the bush, served with local wines, beers, soft drinks and spring water
- Take a private tour on the sands of Seal Bay, amongst a large colony of Australian Sea-lions
.Tour Type: Small group or private
Tour Reference: IL
Small group pricing: $510 per adult and $432 per child
Private charter pricing: From $1010 per adult (min 2)
Operating Time: Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun (except Christmas Day). Please contact us if your desired departure day is unavailable
Duration: This is a one day tour and duration is usually approximately 8 hours
Pick-up/drop-off times: Specific pick-up times will be confirmed the day prior to your tour, but it will generally be between 9 and 10am
Pick-up/drop-off locations: In addition to meeting the morning QantasLink flight at Kingscote (Kangaroo Island) Airport [KGC], we can pick up from a range of accommodation properties located in Kingscote, Emu Bay, Smith Bay, American River and Haines
Disabled Facilities: Some aspects of this tour may be inaccessible to guests with disabilities. Please discuss with us your personal needs to assess suitability. Private tours with bespoke itineraries, to cater for suitable destinations, can be arranged
Groups: Whilst we specialise in personalised nature-based eco-touring we can and do accommodate groups
Cancellation Policy applies. See Terms & Conditions
- One day small group touring with a local guide
- Home-baked traditional Australian treats with a selection of hot beverages
- Elegant alfresco lunch set in the bush with a choice of local wines, beer, soft drinks and spring water
- Access to field guides, binoculars and maps
- All necessary National Parks admission fees
*Child rates apply 6 years to 15 years of age. Private Charter is required for all children 5 years and under.