One Day Flinders Chase Focus Tour
Our full day Flinders Chase tour explores the wilderness of the west end of Kangaroo Island, including fire ecology, access to a private wildlife refuge, a series of wildlife encounters, an elegant picnic lunch and the iconic landscapes of Flinders Chase National Park.
Begin the day travelling through some of the fire-affected landscapes of Kangaroo Island, which are recovering quickly following generous winter rains.
Learn about fire ecology and how nature deals with fire. Some of our native flora species only flower following fire!
Travel into Flinders Chase National Park and explore the massive shapes of Remarkable Rocks, a natural sculpture perched impossibly on top a granite dome plunging into the ocean
Break for an elegant picnic lunch in the bush, or if weather permits, on a spectacular clifftop. Lunch features marinated poached chicken, fresh salads, cheeses accompanied by local wine, beer, soft drinks and spring water.
Evidence of the power of the Southern Ocean swell continues at Admirals Arch – a coastal grotto which provides a haul out for a large colony of Long-nosed fur seals which swim effortlessly through crashing waves.
- Explore the wild western wilderness of Flinders Chase National Park
- Stop for a tea or coffee, served with an iconic home-baked Australian cake
- Witness the incredible resilience the Australian bush shows in the face of bushfire
- Visit a Long-nosed Fur Seal colony at Admiral’s Arch
- Break for an elegant picnic lunch, served with local wines, beer, soft drinks and spring water
- Take a walk around Remarkable Rocks
Tour Type: Small group or private
Tour Reference: FC
Small group pricing: $510 per adult and $432 per child
Private charter pricing: From $1010 per adult (min 2)
Operating Time: Tue, Thu & Sat (except Christmas Day). Please contact us if your desired departure day is unavailable.
Duration: This is a one day tour and duration is usually approximately 8 hours
Pick-up/drop-off times: Specific pick-up times will be confirmed the day prior to your tour, but it will generally be between 9 and 10am
Pick-up/drop-off locations: In addition to meeting the morning QantasLink flight at Kingscote (Kangaroo Island) Airport [KGC], we can pick up from a range of accommodation properties located in Kingscote, Emu Bay, Smith Bay, American River and Haines
Disabled Facilities: Some aspects of this tour may be inaccessible to guests with disabilities. Please discuss with us your personal needs to assess suitability. Private tours with bespoke itineraries, to cater for suitable destinations, can be arranged
Groups: Whilst we specialise in personalised nature-based eco-touring we can and do accommodate groups
Cancellation Policy applies. See Terms & Conditions
- One day touring with a local guide
- Home-baked traditional Australian treats with a selection of hot beverages
- Elegant alfresco lunch set in the bush with a choice of local wines, beer, soft drinks and spring water
- Access to field guides, binoculars and maps
- All necessary National Parks admission fees
*Child rates apply 6 years to 15 years of age. Private Charter is required for all children 5 years and under.